News and Announcements
Back to School / Orientation Information
9th Grade Orientation
Wednesday, August 24th, 5:30-7:00 - 9th Grade parent meeting from 5:30-6:00, then parents can leave. Student orientation runs the full time from 5:30-7:00. Students will get their schedules, meet their teachers, and participate in a variety of activities to meet other students and get oriented to 9th grade at SLCSE.
10th grade Back to School Night
Thursday, August 25th, 5:00-6:00 - Come pick up your schedule, connect with other students, and meet your teachers for the upcoming school year!
11th/12th grade Back to School Night
Thursday, August 25th, 6:00-7:00 - Come enjoy a light BBQ, get your schedule, and meet your teachers for the upcoming school year!
Registration Information for 2022-2023 school year at SLCSE.
Online registration for the 2022-2023 school year for Salt Lake Center for Science Education for all students will open on Monday, August 1, 2022. All students will need an ID and Pin to register. The IDs and Pins will be mailed to the student's home during the last week of July 2022. If you are new to SLCSE you will register as a “Returning Student” as you will have already been added to PowerSchool. To register your student, please Go to https://registration.slcschools.org.
Documents required to be completed to register at SLCSE
- Student’s Immunization Record. (9th grade students must have a current Tdap, Meningococcal, & 2nd Varicella)Only new students to SLCSE will need to bring in Immunization records during registration dates.
- Student’s full- Size Birth Certificate. Only new students to SLCSE will need to bring in during registration dates.
- The signature page printed after you have completed the online portion of registration signed by the student and dated.
- SLCSD/SLCSE Student Laptop Checkout Agreement Form. Laptop’s will be checked out to all students during our registration dates and times below. A parent and student signature will be required upon receiving their device. (All students will be checked out a device with a charger and be required to bring them to school with them every day)
- Bus Registration Form (optional only if your student will be using SLCSE Transportation to and from school). Complete and submit form through the district online registration site under optional forms.
- School/Parent/Student Communication Form Complete and submit form through the district online registration site under optional forms.
- Payment for fees or Fee Waiver (if applicable) MUST provide proof of income 2021 tax return or current last 2 paycheck stubs. (Fee waiver form found and submitted on the district on-line registration site). All fees must be paid, and fee waivers submitted along with required documentation prior to the first day of school Tuesday, August 30, 2022 and prior to receiving student schedules.
If you do not have access to a computer or the internet and need assistance, SLCSE will provide assistance during our registration dates and times below.
Complete online registration for each student by bringing completed paperwork with all required documents above on the following dates and times:
· Tuesday, August 16, 2022 – 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
· Wednesday, August 17, 2022 – 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
· Thursday, August 18, 2022 – 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
NOTE: A new Free and Reduced Lunch Application must be completed every school year.
Once you have returned all the above required forms signed and dated, paid all the required fees, your students’ registration will be complete. It is of high importance that all your student’s paperwork and fees are completed before Tuesday, August 23rd prior to 9th grade orientation held on Wednesday, August 24th from 5:30-7:00PM and Back to school night scheduled for 10th grade from 5:00-6:00 PM on Thursday, August 25 and grades 11th-12th from 6:00 -7:00PM on Thursday, August 25, 2022 to enable SLCSE to prepare for your students first day of school. Without all the required forms and fees, the registration is incomplete and may cause a delay for your student starting the first day of school
Application Process for SLCSE
Thank you for your interest in the Salt Lake Center for Science Education.
The application period for the 2022-2023 school year ran from December 1st until February 18th. If you are still interested in applying you can fill out the application here, although it will be considered late. If spaces become available and if we get to the late applicants, we will communicate with you via phone to inform you of an opening.
If you have further questions about our application process, please click here.